Saturday, June 14, 2014

What's in a Name?!?!?!


What’s in a name?!?!?!

So I have to say that the ONLY thing I DON’T like about the 21 Day Fix is the name…..I think it makes it sound like this program is a “Quick Fix” and I am not a supporter of those because I don’t believe that they last!!  There are lots of ways to drop weight quickly, but in my experience none of them are healthy or sustainable in the long term!!  Most of the time after doing one of these I ended up weighing MORE once I stopped whatever madness I was trying!
So why 21 Days???  Well research has shown that it takes 21 Days to make something a habit.  So if you are able to eat clean balanced portions and workout for 30 minutes a day for 21 days then you are well on your way to making this a habit. 
How does the meal plan work?  Well, there is no counting calories or tracking points.  You use these adorable colored containers to measure out your food. 
Each color represents a food group and you are allowed a certain number of each container every day based on your starting weight.  When I first saw these containers in person I thought, “WHOA this is SMALL!!” 

But then I measured out my Red Container (ground turkey) and put it on a plate.  Looks like a LOT!  I actually have trouble eating all of the recommended food some days.

Then there are the workouts.  30 Minutes, 7 days a week, every muscle group in your body.  LOVE THEM!!  I am not trying to build big bulky muscles, my goal is to be fit and toned.  This program is perfect for that.  The heaviest weight that I have used is 8 lbs, I started with 3 and 5 lb dumbells at first and then worked up to 5 and 8 lb.  (You can also use a resistance band instead.)  These workouts have really helped me tone all over.  I am noticing that my pants are loser in the thighs, my abs have definition and my arms have….what is that called?  Oh yea biceps!  LOL

 

Since I had a terrible stomach virus after week two of this program, I don’t feel like it’s accurate to share my full 21 day results, so I wanted to share my 2 week results.  Down 5 lbs and here are the pics…sorry I actually took the “after” pic for something else (the day before Barfest 2014) but I’m using it for this J

In summary, I LOVE this workout and think it is a great for anyone really, but most especially people looking to get started with clean eating, portion control and a workout routine.  Any questions let me know and I’d love to chat with you about it!! J
 
XOXO
Lexi


No comments:

Post a Comment